View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 05:02 AM   #28
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars

Tbh, it's very difficult to decide. I mean, there are quite a few adventure games that i've played that are just as fantastic. But at least those games are in my Top 10 list though. But i find this game to be brilliant in every aspect. And it's quite often on my mind. I guess a lot of people may find that unhealthy. But to me, if a game is on my mind a lot, that's a good sign. That usually means it's great and it's made a big impression on me. Possibly destined to be a classic in my books. Which this is imo. And games that are this good, usually change my life. Which this has.

I think this is the adventure game that i've replayed the most. And i never get bored of it. I keep telling myself to give it a break for a few years, so maybe then i'll enjoy it again as much as i did the first time. But the temptation to go through it again is just too great.

Simon the Sorcerer changed my life just as much. That game got me into adventure games in the first place. So i owe that game a lot. But Broken Sword took everything a huge step further than what i was used to. This game was a lot more serious, sometimes darker, had more of a story and deeper characters than the Simon series. Which i much prefer.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour