View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 09:42 AM   #21
Lee in Limbo
It's Hard To Be Humble

I wouldn't buy the game based solely on this cover. If I knew absolutely nothign about Mata Hari and saw that cover, I'd think it was another Leisure Suit Larry/So Blonde (sorry, Steve) kind of thing, and dismiss it. I'm a James Bond fan (don't ask me to defend the series; I shoot massive holes in it myself), and have no issues with sexuality, but to me, that cover looks tacky. I also feel that it would be fairly offensive to a number of women, and personally, I think they could do a much better job of it than they have, even with the same model (though perhaps not... something about her gives me the creeps).

Having said that, I DO know a little about Mata Hari, and I also have been following the game's development and have seen some of the in-game art, and have every intention of getting my hands on that game, just because it amuses and intrigues me (though I have little doubt that it is highly historically inaccurate). If it includes that cover art however, I will most likely throw the box/cover sheet away.