View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 04:33 PM   #15
Squinky
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udvarnoky View Post
It's the game's box art, and it was designed to make people carry the game to the checkout counter, and nothing else. Everyone knows the art on that cover is ugly - we really don't need a thread of people pointing this out to prove how not-shallow they are. I don't know if having a woman with barely any clothes on slapped on the box will help or hinder this game's sales, but you know what, if it does help the game's sales, why would we complain about it?
Actually, the intent of this thread is not to dispute the cover itself (I did plenty of that elsewhere), but to get a feel for who would buy the game based on this cover. My personal hypothesis is similar to jp-30's: those who pick up the box will think it's a game about almost-naked ladies (and likely put it down after seeing the descriptions on the back of the box... unless the back of the box promises almost-nudity, that is), whereas potential new adventure game players who would enjoy the setting and gameplay -- a demographic that happens to include a lot of women -- will ignore it.

I asked for geographic location because I was informed that this is the European cover, and, being Canadian, wanted to see whether Europeans were in fact more likely to buy a game with an almost-naked lady on the cover than North Americans.

Last edited by Squinky; 09-17-2008 at 04:50 PM.