View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 06:48 PM   #400
Austruck

Jalind, you might want to buy the Myst 10th Anniversary DVD collection (the first 3 Myst games), which work on XP (and I think, Vista) because they're configured better for newer OS's. Just a thought... (I think you can find the whole set pretty cheap now.)

My first text adventure -- on the "almost IBM-compatible" Tandy 2000 back in the late '80s ... can't remember the name. Can someone help me?

My main memory is that early in the game (first scene, perhaps) you're in a living room (apartment?) rifling through things and there is a computer on a table or desk. And you type to turn it on and see stuff on it, etc..... I don't remember much else, but I remember finding it fascinating that my monochrome, text-only computer could do this sort of thing.

First graphic adventure was probably Hugo's House of Horrors, with my young boys at the time (I was thirty -- they were about 5-7 yrs old). Although I have distinct memories of having nightmares in '92 because I'd made the mistake of watching my 6-yr-old son playing Wolfenstein in 3D, which scared me to death because of the first-person aspect.

What IS the name of that text adventure???