View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 03:33 AM   #27
Gledster

Send a message via AIM to Gledster Send a message via MSN to Gledster Send a message via Yahoo to Gledster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daventry View Post
I really liked Phantasmagoria. I miss how game packaging used to make the games feel premium. Phantasmagoria's 7 disc fold out case. King's Quest 6's travellers guide to the green isles. Big box was certainly a logistical nightmare for distributors and retailers but it made the purchases special and helped to draw you in to the game world and amp the consumer excitement and anticipation for the game. At least it did for me. Probably like how my parents must have felt when giant, 2 fold vinyl album packaging with big band art and extensive liner notes were replaced with tiny CD jewel cases. I know it's corny but, sometimes I miss the old days.

Daventry

"The spirit of adventure will never die!"
You've reminded me of something Daventry. I remember having an adventure game collection which contained:

1) Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
2) Mean Streets
3) Operation Stealth (a really enjoyable adventure made by Delphine Software).

What was awesome about this was the BIG box everything came in, all the floppy disks and all the manuals too.

Wish I still had it really, though all the floppies died eventually from being stored in a cold office, then a warm loft etc.

Thanks for that memory though!