View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 02:11 AM   #20
Gledster

Send a message via AIM to Gledster Send a message via MSN to Gledster Send a message via Yahoo to Gledster

This is an AWESOME thread. Thanks for creating it.

My best adventure game memories are all connected with my Dad. He used to own his own small computer business and on the holidays I'd spend a day or two at his office. To keep me amused he occasionally treated me to a game (as it used to take me AGES to complete them it was actually quite a cheap way of keeping me entertained).

When he didn't have much on he'd help me through them as well. I remember playing Space Quest 1 and 2 at his office with him reminding me to "Examine" everything . He knew how games worked! We both actually felt a sense of accomplishment towards the end.

This continued through the release of Monkey Island 1 and I too was caught and punished for ringing the 0898 hint line. Ooops. It DID get me past the cannibals though.

I also remember my Dad coming home after a LONG day at work only to have me nag him to clean 14Mb of space on out 21Mb hard disk so I could play Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Bender. Heee.

I could go on but I'd best stop.