View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 06:59 PM   #8
Akril

I vaguely remember watching my dad playing LSL1 and 2, PQ1 and KQ3 in the early 90's. I replayed a lot of these games years later with my little sister, and when she and I were fooling around in KQ3, she started walking up to the black cat around and typing in "kick cat" over and over again. As she was retyping this for the sixth or seventh time, Manannan suddenly appeared and she frantically started deleting the command. Playing KQ7 for the first time was also a happy experience.

Myst was probably the first adventure game I actually played through on my own. I remember getting so excited when I raised the submerged bridge in Channelwood. There was also the time when I was mucking around Myst island, climbed one of the poles holding up the power cables and was surprised to hear a loud clunk instead of the usual unimpressive click when I pulled the switch at the top -- of course, nothing could have prepared me for the shock I got when I clicked on the spaceship's door and it hissed open. I remember this event pretty vividly because a family member was watching me do this.