View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 02:14 AM   #1
Daventry

Default What are your fondest adventure game memories?

My favorite memories of adventure games are of me and my 2 brothers huddled around my Dad every night for 3 weeks as he made his way through King's Quest 5. We were his "logicians" giving him tips and advice whenever he got stuck.

The day my Dad came home from work and surprised us with a copy of King's Quest 6 was a very special day. Again we huddled around him every evening after school and chores, and journeyed through the green isles together.

My parents let me and my two brothers stay at home once when they went to visit my Grandmother for the weekend. I remember they rented a SegaCD and "The Secret of Monkey Island" from Blockbuster to keep us entertained and occupied while they were out of town. I think we called the Lucas Arts tip hotline every time we got stuck. Of course we weren't going to volunteer that information to our parents when they got back. My mother was stricken when they got the phone bill! Can you say grounded? LOL The game was awesome though so I guess it was worth it!

Daventry

"The spirit of adventure will never die!"