View Single Post
Old 04-03-2004, 07:02 PM   #11
Jony

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamandMax
I can understand why someone might not like the game's kind of humour, most of it's pretty mean-spirited, and there's a lot of pop culture references. I thought it was a lot funnier than any other game, but that's my opinion.

Sam: Max, where should I put this so it doesn't hurt anyone we know or care about?
Max: Out the window, Sam. There's nothing but strangers out there.
Seriously guys the game is not that funny. Most of the time Sam and/or max talk to the SCREEN (I hate it when someone talks to the screen or the camera) and the jokes are considered cliches or are just not funny by now. I've watched hundreds of parodies and shows like Family guy and the Simpson and quotes like " Max, where should I put this so it doesn't hurt anyone we know or care about?
Out the window,There's nothing but strangers out there." are not funny anymore. I played Secret of monkey Island four years ago when I didn't know English very well but thought (and still think) that the game was hillirious. Now I am playing Escape from Monkey Island and I must say its one of the funniest games ever produced with a lot of pop cultural references... I can't understand how someone can say in thier right mind that Sam and Max is funnier than any of the monkey island games? (or better )