View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 03:16 AM   #7
Kurufinwe

I'm really looking forward to this game, though I'm still not sure how a story that revolves so much around characters having little control over their fate can be turned into a game where you're supposed to act as one of those characters (though the character you get to play in the game, Nikopol's son, is clearly the one who most forges his own destiny – at least in the first part, I can't even begin to imagine how the following two will play out). I'm definitely curious about how it'll work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
I haven't read Enki Bilal's graphic novel, but I'm thinking on seeing Immortal ad vitam, which - as far as I can understand - cover the same story.
The movie is loosely based on the first two graphic novels.

Quote:
Anyone has read the novel/seen the movie? From the press release, the story of Nikopol seems a bit vague
I wouldn't have wanted to be in the shoes of whoever had to write that press release. The story has lots of elements that work together well can't but be summed up easily; and this is made worse by the fact that it's hard to say what the story is exactly about, as there are many themes interwoven. I'm afraid I can't do better now than I did a year ago:
Quote:
Let's just say, then, that Nikopol is a disjointed but poignant story that takes place in a grim futuristic world. It revolves around a man called Alcide Nikopol, his son who shares the exact same name and looks, and a blue-haired woman named Jill Bioskop, and also features Egyptian gods meddling in the affairs of mortals, a mind-reading cat, and lots of Baudelaire.
But anyway, the story is great (though those who reproached Syberia with lacking closure or catharsis are in for an even bigger disappointment), though, once again, I'm still very unsure how it can be turned into a game.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]