View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 06:58 AM   #4
MoriartyL
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

I guess I'm like you in that games are one source of entertainment among many. I spend no more time gaming, overall, than I do with TV shows or comics or music. But then, when I want to watch a TV show I start from the beginning and watch the entire thing through. And when I read comics I organize and re-edit them into my big Marvel Universe collection so that I'll have dozens of series linked together to form a bigger picture. And when I play music, I compose it first. So I'm serious about my entertainment. If games are on that list (and they are), I'm obviously totally obsessed with them.

What I expect from games is variety of content. It's rare for me to only be playing one game at a time- right now I'm in the middle of an adventure, a metalude, an action RPG, a puzzle game, a movement game, a tactical RPG, an exploration game, and a pet simulation. From each of these I get some kind of satisfaction I don't get from anywhere else. Put it all together, and my life is tremendously fulfilling- so much so that doing anything in the real world feels like a waste of time, and I need to outright force myself to do any of it.