View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 02:50 PM   #13
Jatsie
Lovable rogue

I'm the opposite really, I couldn't care less how the character moves, but I love point and click because the cursor is like having my own hand in the game, and I can reach out and interact with objects the way I want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
GK3's camera made the game so much more immersive in my opinion. I would love to see a camera system like that again in an adventure game.
I totally agree: I'm close to define it the best possible way for a point-and-click adventure!

It provides a huge immersion and a vivid feeling of reality: a shame that no more game used that system.
I wasn't a huge fan of the controls/camera system in Grim Fandango. I'd hold down an arrow key to run to one side of the room, then suddenly the camera would shift to another perspective, and my directional imput would translate differently, and Manny would run straight back out the way he came. It got a little tiring after a while.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena