View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 05:33 PM   #20
kadji-kun
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadsoul View Post
Definitely game over, but honestly, its a pretty simple setup. I'm not complaining though. Looks great.

The seen uses either bloom or a realtime HDR shader. It's hard to judge from this shot, but it doesn't look like its using soft particles, obviously since that's a DX10 feature. It also has a Per-pixel motion blur shader, currently the norm in today's games. One thing that I do think is amazing is the rain. Look toward the motorcycle. Either that's a visual glitch or that the ran effects the camera (appearance of liquid on the camera lens). If its the latter, then great. AS long as its not just a one large sprite with rain drops giving the look of a rainstorm (GTA). I'm hoping that Heavy Rain will utilize the effect in which rain affects the environment.

I remember a tech demo that allows you to chain the intensity of the rain and changes the environments reflections and specularity, like real rain. Also, the lights in the seen dims a little with rain in the foreground, where as rain is black in the dark while you see the light of the lamp post refract through e rain, giving it he look of rain seen in front of your lights on the car at night.

Much can be speculated at this point.

Hopefully that seen will be interactivity. Te draw distance is pretty nice too. Definitely looks great.

@Nomadsoul: The eyes are definitely reflected in realtime, but the water on the face isn't. Something like tat would require a lot of processing power because of the deformation of the surface. As I stated before, its not different from a sport game. Its just a layered shader that shows specularity and not a real time reflection.