View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 08:35 AM   #3297
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

The Dark Knight:

Have to agree with everyone's opinion on this movie - it really is a great film. One of the best i've seen at the cinemas for a long time. Haven't seen anything this good since The Return of the King back in 2003. Really thought that the new Indiana Jones movie would be one of them but turned out to be a huge disappointment.

Have to be honest, but i've lost a lot of faith in movies today. The bulk of them are so over-the-top with CGI effects and have no/a wafer-thin plot. Either that or they're chick flicks () or ridiculous american comedies that are supposed to be: 'the funniest film of the year'. At least The Dark Knight had a good story which i also found interesting and there was hardly any CGI effects used. I lost count how many times i was grinning with enjoyment, throughout this film, (not that i was counting) and not many films, nowadays, can do that.
When i first learned about this film, on the internet or from TV trailers, i was a bit skeptical at first. I mean, i watched Tim Burton's Batman when i was younger and was more used to Jack Nicholson as the Joker. I couldn't see how Heath Ledger could top Nicholson's performance. But after watching TDK they're both superb in their own way. Ledger probably moreso in a lot of areas. His performance was just fantastic and the dark humour was still present and was much better too. Such a shame that Heath died. He definitely deserves an oscar for his performance in this movie.

Have to agree with Sotha and thought that

Spoiler:
all the mobiles in Gotham being used as some kind of radar-type-thing was a bit daft.
I completely forgot that Harvey Dent turns into Harvey Two-Face. The name 'Harvey Dent' sounded familiar to me but i couldn't remember. Then when his face gets burnt and he's in hospital with half of his face covered up, it just clicked. I thought it was cool how this new villian came into the movie, but i was disappointed that he wasn't saved for another sequel. Two-Face just wasn't in it for very long and, instead, he was only used for the end section and then died.

Overall, i'd give it 4.5/5.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour