View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 09:07 PM   #3290
SoccerDude28
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
The Dark Knight

^ kinda sums up my thoughts pretty well.

Although I did think the "other villian" (Fantastic sfx btw) was kinda wasted. Yes it was set up throughout the movie and it played right into the Jokers plans, but he is a major villian in the Batman universe and probably should be given his own film and not just a bit part.

Heath Ledger was mesmorising as the Joker. He eats up every scene he is in, pulling the strings of every character in the movie even when he isn't onscreen.

No idea how they are going to top this if the make a third movie.

9/10
I totally agree with both of you about the "other villain" as well. But my friend has a theory. You know how the first movie hinted at the villain in the next movie being the Joker? My friend's theory is that the last scene in the dark knight movie hints that the other villain will be back.
Spoiler:
You know the part where Batman said that the people of Goutham needs their knight, and that knight is not him but the district attorney? The funeral part is staged and it is there to provide the people of Goutham with a positive memory of the white knight of Goutham, Harvey Dent. He is not dead though and is probably locked up in Arkham Asylum.

Anyway I also give the movie a 9/10. Very well done.

Firefox rules