View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 01:05 PM   #13
Thorn
aye, aye!

I played Phantasmagoria I&II right after eachother for the first time a few weeks ago, and I have to confess I like the second game much more.
The only thing that made Curtis corny was the way he tried to fake-cry by putting his hands over his face... I wish he would have just looked shocked whenever he saw the e-mails and all that.

I also wish he would've talked to himself like in some noir movie than to a psychologist, since I really wanted to know what he was feeling but he kept repeating "This is going to sound insane, but..." or "This is a bit embaressing but..." before saying what was on his mind.

The scene that struck me the most was when he talked to the shrink about a postcard---
Spoiler:
the one with the bondage photograph on it. He said something along the lines of "they're together, this person cannot fall apart" which means that he has always felt different, like he was missing a piece of himself... And he knew why in the end. That whole thing made me go "....awww. "

I really adore Phantasmagoria II. I thought it had all the elements of being a baaaaaaaad b horror movie, and it still succeeded with having a good story!

Though as the girl I am, I still don't understand the ending.
My question:
Spoiler:
He obviously felt guilty for taking the real Curtis' place in the real world... So why did he kill him? Why didn't they both try to blend into one being since a little bit of real-Curtis' brain was in alien-Curtis? Why did one of them have to die? D:

I also think the puzzles, as people have said, were quite easy. Except the ones in the ending. I didn't get them at ALL.