View Single Post
Old 04-01-2004, 01:53 PM   #12
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelganger rex
You know, I wasn't planning this to be an april fools joke, I was just livid at Tamz for her idiotic harrangue against the n00bs and the changing times and the evil that is happening to the board. Fuck you Tamara, fuck you for implying that those of us who stay are somehow wrong in doing so. I was furious when made that good bye message and then didn't feel like leaving. That would have been hypocritical of me.
Mind if I quote myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Trep
I am an old timer here, and yet I stay, evidently an anomaly to the collectively 'deteriorating' community people are talking about. A community, as with anything, always shifts and changes. For better or worse? That's for the individual members to decide, isn't it? I myself am finding the dynamics appealing, even if it isn't exactly a good one all the time. I've had my share of disagreements and even arguments over personal matters (quite silly, really). But that doesn't necessarily mean I should shut out any future possibilities of things going more amicably sooner or later. I miss those good ol' times we've had, but I'm not gonna bullshit myself and say that more good times are never gonna happen again. They will happen, they just simply will not be the same as before. And, emphatically, I don't want them to be the same as before. Why should I? I'm not gonna live a life like a broken record, I could never be that boring.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien