View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 12:17 AM   #3285
Lucien21
Psychonaut

Wall.E

Pixar's latest and greatest movie. Playing on an environmental theme, humans have messed up the planet and have abandoned it to the robots to clean up. 700 years later there is only one lonely robot left (Wall-E).

A robot with a personality that is fascinated by the rubbish left behind and loves watching "Hello Dolly". Desperate for companionship he falls head over heels when a new probe droid appears. Graceful and deadly the new robot (EVE) and Wall-E form a unique friendship that turns to something more.

This film shouldn't work,especially as a kids movie. A stange romance movie between 2 robots set against a planet destroyed by consumerism and neglect by the humans.

However it is absolutly brilliant. Pixar really makes the characters come alive, you will feel every emotion of Wall-E as he courts EVE.

The film dips slightly when they leave the confines of Earth and visit the space station with the fat useless humans (probably to pander to the kid audience) for the faster pace second half of the movie. However overall another HUGE hit for Pixar and probably the best film they have made.

9/10