View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 11:29 AM   #19
Terramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo View Post
Basically, it's all about precision: WASD gives you 4 directions independent of camera, an analog stick gives you 360. A keyboard gives you SHIFT toggle to sneak, analog gives you 3 or 4 different speeds depending on how far you push the stick.

If you play this game on a keyboard, you are missing out.
On the contrary, I've played plenty of games on consoles, then their PC versions using WASD (ie Silent Hill series, GTA, Max Payne, Psychonauts, Beyond Good and Evil), and I tend to get more response and accuracy with the latter.

Perhaps this has changed with the 360 and PS3, but one of the reasons why I've switched from console to PC is because the more fluid controls I get with a keyboard.

That being said, I've still spent the majority of my gaming time playing on pads (from the age of 4) so I don't mind playing using them, and I still do when I come across a game I have to play on em', so I'd also like to state, like some before, I'm not elitist to mouse + keyboard.

However, I never want to buy a 360pad. I've got my own playstation 2 USB converter, and I intend to use it for all it's worth. That and the fact that I've never liked the 360 pad and I certainly don't want to give Microsoft any more money than I have to. Forcing people to use their pads is just plain dispicable. Other companies allow 3rd party pads on their systems, so why must I exclusively use their pad on a machine that was not created by MS in the 1st place?