View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 08:52 AM   #1
Fien
Senior *female* member

Default AG Community Playthrough #7: The Last Express

Start: Monday 14 July

The game consists of 3 CDs. For the first stopping point I suggest Epernay, and we can finish the first CD in the next section. Would Friday be okay?

For those of you who are playing The Last Express for the first time:

- I don't know about Vista, but the game should run fine in XP. If there's an error message when starting the game, simply ignore it.

- TLE does not have the usual adventure format and it's a good idea to read the manual.

- Some problems have more than one solution, escpecially in the first part of the game.

- The game is automatically saved. Instead of rewinding manually whenever the game ends prematurely, I recommend using the auto-rewind. It will take you to a point in time where the game is still winnable. And there are many ways to end the game. Be prepared to die, get arrested, leave the train, etcetera.

- You will have to fight four or five times. The fights are short and easy (except maybe the last one), it's mostly a matter of knowing where to put your cursor. People who hate action sequences can use the cheat. It's not in my manual, so here's what you do: Click on the egg clock to go to the clock screen and click on the clock to go back to the fight. Repeat until you've "won" the fight. A rather convoluted cheat, I must say... only slightly easier than the fight itself.

I am looking forward to replaying TLE once more and reading other people's comments. And maybe solving one or two puzzling questions that I haven't found answers to. It's a wonderfully immersive game and I hope everybody will love it as much as I do!