View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 06:26 AM   #28
scifigurl66

Hi there. I am new to this forum, so I apologize if this isn't an appropriate reply. If it isn't, it's not intentional, just ignorance.

I am also looking for a nonviolent/less violent/alternative-to-violence role ORPG (I find the MM in MMORPG a little annoying, really).

Anyways, I played DnD (not online) for a while, but I was frustrated by how all (ok, almost all) the adventures centered around battles/violence. I kept trying out new characters to try to play in a different way, but it just wasn't possible.

I guess I fit into my demographic (don't you _hate_ that when it happens!). I like what the industry calls "puzzle" games. I am fine with competition and goals and skill-building, I just don't want to kill things or defend myself against violence (unless I can do it in a nonviolent way). I'd be willing to consider a game where other people are violent--so long as I can progress thru the game w/o having to be or be subject to violence.

I enjoy the skills, adventuring, teamwork, and different skill options of DnD but not the battles and violence. I don't mind building skills (though I certainly understand not wanting to do that). I started as a very charismatic, gnome bard who talked or sung her way thru everything. Then I tried a rogue gnome with funny spell casting (opponent falls down laughing for x rounds; grease makes everyone slip around in casting area). I like anything with treasure, ruins, mines, puzzles, maps, etc. And I like to play in a beautiful, or at least not ugly, environment--or an imagined one.

I will check out the other games mentioned already: Endless Forest, EVE, Secret World, Tale in the Desert, Endless Forest, and Everquest 2.

Any other suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!