View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 10:32 AM   #28
greypatch3

Oddly enough, I have had absolutely no problems with controls in Dead Reefs. That was the one I bought the Adventure Game pack for in the first place, and though the controls are a bit odd, so far I haven't had a problem.

Thing is, the controls are the absolute least of my problems. Everything else in the game doesn't work: graphics disappear, the game freezes up, save games won't load, touching certain objects causes the controls to permanently lock out from doing everything else. Basically, the game becomes an absolute mess of bugs from the moment I enter the mansion, so maybe the reason I can't find problems with the controls is because I can't progress further than seven minutes into the game.

Haven't played Tunguska or Nibiru yet, but liked Mysterious Island (if a bit short, and getting 400 points is elusive), and I really, really liked Keepsake (though I thought the second half was absolutely maddening; with one exception it was not the puzzle solution itself that eluded me, but the fact that the contraption used to solve it was just too convoluted and time-wasting to make it worth the effort:
Spoiler:
I must have spent over 45 minutes on that lousy Dragon's Den puzzle, going in circles, and even though I knew the answer for the observatory, I just couldn't bring myself to spin that wheel any longer. The plant one I just ended up skipping; still don't quite know the answer, but I was damned if I was going to run all the way back across the building to change the seasons any longer.

I think, though, that the 'nudge' hint system in that is one of the greatest additions in AG history; though you would never guess from the above, my biggest problem in these things is missing stuff via 'pixel hunt.' Having the thing point out something I happened to overlook by simple click instead of running around the building for the umpteenth time was an absolute godsend, and didn't ruin the immersion for me).

BTW, anyone notice Zak's voice in that is Nolan North, aka Nathan Drake from Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, among others? Talented guy; I didn't even notice it was the same person until I looked it up, and the voices aren't radically different. Amazing what a little subtlety can bring to a personality. Every other voice in the project should've taken some notes.