View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 10:03 AM   #29828
Giligan
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
Blaaaah
So good to see the kiddos playin well together.

Live [email protected]!!!!!!!
So, are you back to stay or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Giligan, your reply to my blog post on The Graveyard is so thick-headed and ignorant that I sincerely hope for your sake that you were being facetious.
This may be the point at which we agree to disagree.

Seriously, I think you've taken my point to an extreme. I'm not saying that a game with a story or cutscenes or whatever is a bad thing; my favorite games are games that have a strong plot and strong characters, for example Half-life 2. I'm saying that games that eliminate all gameplay and have instead cutscenes and story as the only bullet point and still try to pass themselves off as a game just don't work. If you want to make a statement like the Graveyard-esque game, make a short film with a camcorder. It won't work as an experiemental game. That's all I said. Especially with the focus of the plot as an old women who walks around with a cane.

And this isn't a statement against (among other things) your recent game, either, so don't jump to that conclusion. In that, there were options and choices that affected the outcome of each scenario. With a game like The Graveyard, there's nothing the player can do that is interactive, or at least that's what I gathered from your blog.

Perhaps The Graveyard is supposed to be an animated short film. I don't know, but if it was it probably wouldn't be written about on this site.

And that's just my opinion.

Last edited by Giligan; 07-05-2008 at 10:18 AM.