View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 11:14 AM   #29652
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
Oh man, why can't one get any Carl Barks paintings in poster form? You know, so you could actually afford them...
I second that. What I've liked is that for some time, the "Donald Duck" magazine here in Germany came with a centerfold poster print of Carl Barks paintings. Usually it was just A3, but sometimes they made it so you'd have to buy two magazines so you'd have two centerfolds that made up an A2 poster of the painting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
I want a loonie.
Ask and you shall receive. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
Jaz must be somewhere.
I heard someone say my name.

Quote:
Perhaps someone should inform her that we're not too concerned with her canine companion.

Quote:
It's not a joke, it's just a common saying (in England at least), "make sure you're wearing clean underwear, in case you're hit by bus.) Afterall, one wouldn't want to have paramedics cut them out of their clothing, only to discover one was wearing soiled undergarments.

I didn't get run over by a bus, but I can assure you I'm wearing clean underwear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Speak for yourself. I'd love to see a pic of her dog.

I'll post one soon. No worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
Where's Jaz?
I'm back!

Quote:
I heard she was wearing her dog as a slipper.
He's a bit too large for just *one* slipper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
I saw a newbie make its first post earlier today. (Unless it was someone posting under false name.) It may actually be a good thing if new people start out in the topmost part of the forums. Some people may be intimidated by some things here in Chit-chat. Though I'm glad that things are a bit different now than they were a while ago. I don't think this odd part of the woods should be too intimidating now. But it would take a newcomer a while to read through this thread, and as we all know you should read through a thread before posting in it. So that may be a reason why there's not many new people here.

And you. Or how long does one have to stay to not be considered new?

When you say "intimidated by some things here in Chit-chat", are you sure you didn't mean to say "some people"?

Quote:
That painting is in the Desperate Housewives opening credits, it's hideous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merricat View Post
American Gothic by Grant Wood.
Merricat beat me to it. Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
LOL! Trust you to notice, Jelena!
I've been working a lot and growing hair, basically. In April I cut off 11 inches of hair and sent it off to Locks of Love (after removing all the white hairs from the black ones, of course), so I guess by now there's a bald kid somewhere who's sporting a brand new, very bushy black wig. I suspect that kid now has a sudden and inexplicable urge to play obscure and outdated first-person adventure games every time he or she puts the wig on.
Well, that wouldn't be too bad. More followers for the Adventure Genre are always good.

Welcome back, Thriftsie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
I feel it's my duty to kick the "smart people don't listen to hip-hop" trend.

Today's precocious children are tomorrow's evil geniuses. They're our most precious resource.

Oh, and I've never had to deal with a bully. Or the absurd social circles of high school. Yay for home-schooling. Although when I was about nine, a kid pissed me off so bad by trying to trip me (unprecocious children for you) that I sat on him while another kid he had beat up made him chew on a very used dog toy.
Heh, severs him right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
I've never had a hangover in my life.

Matter of fact, I've never been drunk in my life.

Spoiler:
Matter of fact, I've barely drank anything with enough alcohol worth mentioning in my life.
Ditto.

And now I'm going to vanish again. Toodles!

...kidding.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!