View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 02:13 PM   #14
Ninja Dodo

While I played Assassin with a 360 controller as, I might add, it was intended (you'll find the recommended specs include it)... as someone who has played both the PC and PS2 version of Sands of Time (mouse vs gamepad) I can extrapolate and tell you:

Of course it doesn't.

3rd person action-adventure/platformers are not meant for mouse & keyboard. There are some games that get away with it (Outcast) by not focusing on precise navigation, but if you voluntarily play a game like Assassin without a gamepad you are clinging to pointless elitism...

I want to be clear that no console fps is ever going to play better with a gamepad than the same game on PC with mouse & WASD (or *maybe* a Wii)... BUT, there are certain games that simply require a gamepad. Sands of Time is one, Assassin's Creed is another.

Basically, it's all about precision: WASD gives you 4 directions independent of camera, an analog stick gives you 360. A keyboard gives you SHIFT toggle to sneak, analog gives you 3 or 4 different speeds depending on how far you push the stick.

If you play this game on a keyboard, you are missing out.