View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 07:34 AM   #53
Lee in Limbo
It's Hard To Be Humble

I usually put a game away for a few years, and when I'm pretty sure I've forgotten most of it, I'll reinstall it and see if it lives up to my memory of it. I only do this with games that really affected me though. I've replayed games like Myst, Last Express, Shivers, Buried in Time, Black Dahlia, the Smoking Mirror and Temujiin. I'm sure I'm forgetting some, and there are some newer games I intend on replaying in the next few months, like TLJ, Still Life and Syberia... I've almost forgotten how they went. I rather enjoy revisiting old places, and it's actually fun for me to start remembering things I'd forgotten. The challenge becomes trying to remember things in the correct order, or finding I've misremembered things and having to fix my mistakes.

I don't do it often, but I also reread certain books that had a lot of information in them. I find that I take new things away with every rereading. I'm not the same person I was last time I read a given book, and my insights are different. It's almost like reading a new book, only better, because I get to think about how much I've changed and how differently I see the same story. It's almost a game in itself. Plus, some books are just so good, rereading them is never boring.