View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 04:20 AM   #50
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel4444 View Post
maybe I want to express my opinion. I am not a psych major, but I am guessing that it is not really normal to be so attached to a book that you feel compulsed to re-read it many times.
Expressing your opinion is fine. Insulting other members is not. You admit to not having formal psychological training and therefore you are not in a position to make judgements on mental health. You have been asked not to do this already. Continuing to follow this line may result in more than a warning next time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel4444 View Post
I comprehended everything explored everything, finished it and uninstalled it. And no real reason to go back and play it again no matter how much I loved it.
Actually, without replaying a game, there is no way you can know that you have comprehended and explored everything. You would have to replay a game at least once without finding anything new to be able to justify this statement, and even then it might only be because you took exactly the same actions second time around. With many games it will be impossible to see everything first time because taking certain actions and dialogues will close off other possibilities.

Whether a lot of games have sufficient variation to make an immediate replay worthwhile is another matter.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree