View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 11:19 AM   #39
Matan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel4444 View Post
completely different IMO.

1. Re-reading a book could take over a month. Re-listening song takes about 5 minutes. Also you can listen to a song while doing something else, like surfing the web.
For me, re-reading a book usually takes 2-3 nights (as I only read books at night, before going to sleep). re-playing an adveture game takes even less than that.

Quote:
2. people read books for different reason than listening to a song. People listen to songs for music, but they read books for information/plot/story. I can listen to same song many times without getting too sick of it if I like it, but why would I read same story/plot many times? I often stop reading new books when I see that the plot is just too cliche.
I guess this is probably the difference between you and the people (like me) who like to reread books (or rewatch movies / replay adventure games).

When I read a book, I do not regard it as just a stream of information. I like the atmosphere it gives me, and the sound of the words in my head. It's actually a pretty similar feeling to listening to music.
I can really like a book even if it has a very bad plot or no plot at all.

Quote:
3. a city is always changing and has new things and is usually too large to be completely explored at 1 time.
I think that's definitely the case with most books/movies and some of the good adventure games. It's too large to be able to get every nuance, or to appreciate everything on the first go. For example, when I first saw Requiem for a Dream I was too shocked to be able to notice just how beautiful it looks.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can finish Quest for Glory 4 for the first time without even meeting all of the game's characters.