View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 01:33 PM   #25
mszv

I can't see how it's bad to reread a book, however many times you want to do it! I don't see how rereading a book (no matter how many times) means you don't read new books. And you reread, rather than read new, mostly, who cares?

I don't reread books a lot, though of course I have reread some books. There are several I want to reread - just have to find them! I have rewatched some favorites movies and TV shows. some a bunch of times. You really do see something new each time you reexperience something, if that makes sense. And of course, you are different, each time you rewatch/replay something, so it makes for a slightly different experience. Memory also contributes to the experience. When you rewatch/reread/replay something, you pay attention to the work, and you also remember your experiences and your reaction from the other times you experienced the work.

I don't tend to replay adventure games, since I'm such a slow and intermittent gamer. I have replayed Myst and Syberia and enjoyed the experience. As others have said, when you replay, you tend to focus on different things - for me it's environment and story.