View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 03:46 AM   #15
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

I replay my adventure games. Not all of them, but some. Some of them i've only done once but i'll gladly go through them again in the future. And yeah, i replay/re-read my favourite non-adventure games, books, music and movies. I could never bring myself to not play/read them again or get rid of them like a lot of people do. I would've thought, if anyone has a favourite something, like a ride at a theme park for example, you'll more than likely want to experience it again.

I seem to find certain adventure games more fun the second time through. Usually the first time i end up cheating through it, miss out dialogue or other information, my mind wanders off during certain parts of the story, or parts of the story are confusing or some puzzles don't make sense right away. Going through the second time, i end up solving the puzzles myself and things become more clearer.

Broken Sword 1-3 (esp. 1) are my most replayed adventure games. Followed by Simon the Sorcerer 1 & 2 and in due time - Monkey Island and Gabriel Knight. With some games, i do try and leave them for a long time, hoping i forget the puzzle solutions, characters, stories etc. But with Broken Sword especially, i find it very difficult to leave it alone lol. Alundra, on the PSOne, is a game i've managed to leave for quite a long time. But i can't remember how many years ago i last played it. It certainly brings back memories and going through it a stage at a time is re-jogging my memory.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour