View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 11:37 PM   #1
BerserkerTails

Default Metal Gear Solid 4 (Probable spoilers!)

So, just finished MGS4. Loved it, and loved the ending, despite the end cutscene being just over an hour long, haha. For those who have finished it, I've got a few questions that hopefully will be addressed in any further Metal Gear games...

(WARNING, MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD! REALLY, BIG END-GAME SPOILER!!)

Spoiler:
I felt the whole "Raiden needs to go see Dr. Madnar for a dialysis machine" section was really rushed. Especially considering Dr. Pettrovich Madnar was the original creator of Metal Gear in both MG1 and MG2. I thought they would go itno that, maybe a son or daughter, as Snake kills Madnar in Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. But they just kinda threw in a line halfway through the act like "Oh, Raiden will be fine... BUT NAOMI ESCAPED!" I'm thinking maybe this is a section that might have been cut for time.

The other thing I was thinking was, doesn't Johnny (Akiba) look like a young Snake? I was hoping that he was a secret fourth clone of Big Boss, one that could be the star of the next Metal Gear game (Which won't be directed by Hideo, but hopefully produced and/or written by). If we're to assume Johnny is the same age as Meryl (28), that would place his birthdate in 1986. Big Boss was definitely still "alive" by then, as the Outer Heaven incident didn't happen until 1995, and he didn't "die" until 1999 in Zanzibar Land. Question is, why would there be another clone made from Big Boss 14 years after the original clones?

Thoughts, anyone?

All in all though, great game. I totally was crying in the end... I felt like Otacon