View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 11:07 AM   #3248
Lucien21
Psychonaut

The Incredible Hulk

Marvel tries to reinvigorate the Hulk franchise after the decent, but flawed Ang Lee interpretation.

This time Edward Norton takes on the mantle of Bruce Banner and his violent alter ego. Hiding out in Brazil while on the run from the military and hunting a cure the film gets off to a good start when they discover his location.

Cue a chase scene through the streets of a slum in Brazil as Banner tries to keep his control as he flees through the streets. When he finally changes, the Hulk is kept in the shadows only glimpsed and heard in a very effective sequence.

unfortunatly it is downhill from there. The film is most effective when the Hulk isnt on screen, when he is, it reverts to a standard CGI punchup that you have seen a hundred times.

Norton is a decent actor and puts in a decent enough stint here, but it is Liv Tyler that provides the heart of the movie as Bettie Ross the ex and daughter of the General chasing him.

For the fanboys this film is a goldmine of Marvel references from the onscreen mentions of Stark industries, SHIELD, Super Soldier serum and various Hulk enemies to be (The Leader etc) I was also happy to see references to the old TV show with Bixby, Ferrigno and even the theme tune making an appearance.

Overall it is an average blockbuster that seems more of a set up for future Marvel movies and the potential sequel.

6/10