View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 01:34 PM   #10
Ninja Dodo

Funny you should ask... I ended up playing it first at work during lunch, then on my housemate's computer as my own PC is one processor short.

That's really the main thing: You need a dual-core CPU or you're out... not even an option of running it on lower settings. Personally I tend to not mind going as low as 800x600 if it means I can run a game smoothly without having to upgrade. But no dice. Frankly I think it's a bit lazy - and possibly stupid - on Ubisoft's part to not cater to a wider demographic. Last I heard most people are still running single core only, but it seems they've already sold so much on 360 that they don't really care about the PC market all that much. Though, to be fair, if you can run it, it runs beautifully. The controls and everything as far as I can tell are perfectly ported... and there's the added content.

One thing you may want to consider is that the game is widescreen only, so if you run it on a 4:3 monitor you will get a black letterbox framing the action.

I've run it on both XP and Vista and there didn't appear to be any difference except that Vista is stupid and won't let you connect or disconnect a headphone or Xbox controller during the (any?) game or run it full-screen unless you remember to click on the splash image as it starts up.

Definitely get an Xbox controller by the way. I never tried the keyboard/mouse setup but this game is clearly designed for a gamepad and the 360 ones plug nicely into your USB.

Beyond that, I suggest checking the official recommended specs for ideas.