View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 12:51 PM   #11
K.Steeze
Awesome!

Let me say this. The best Adventure Horror game you could ever hope to play is the Resident Evil remake for Gamecube. I think most people don't think of it as an adventure game because it involves killing zombies. There is a massive item inventory, doors that you have to find keys to unlock, hidden passageways, puzzles, and many creative areas to explore.

For me, the thing that really sets it apart as one of the best adventure games is the care and effort that the developers took to make it a great experience for the person playing. They really went above and beyond in the design and attention to detail to not only make it difficult, but to also make it interesting. When you finally figure out how to get inside a room you are not only scared of what's on the other side, but you are excited to be going into a new area that you've never encountered before. The story builds slowly by reading journals left from researchers and scientists, but it all starts coming together nicely at the end as you start getting an overall image of what had transpired. I can't recommend it enough.