View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 02:53 PM   #28960
Giligan
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Gas efficiciency is always a priority. Also, we're talking about cars, not tanks, silly boy.

Also, there used to be special coffee cups and coffee pots that you could use with the coffee filters. And really, you can also use it with only a cup. Seriously.

And Heron was greek, not Egyptian, even if he lived in Egypt. The Greeks also invented lots of things we profit from this day. I recall one ancient greek guy inventing automatically opening and closing doors (and we're talking about huge temple doors here), using only water and levers. And he even hid the whole mechanism underground, so you would have a lovely illusion of the doors magically opening.
Nice.

Quote:
Though seriously, I think you should have looked for "Coffee Maker", not "Coffee Machine".
Why, what makes you think I looked under "coffee machine"?

Okay, you got me there, I admit. Although I think it's really the fault of the idiot who made "coffee machine" redirect to the vending machine article.

Quote:
Though really, this discussion is rather silly, considering that the topic of the new Indiana Jones movie is of European origins. No, the Crystal Skulls are not of South American origin. They are quite well known to have been manufactured by the use of jeweler's tools and machinery (which would be necessary to work such a detailed and correct skull into a very hard material like Quartz.) in 19th century Europe. Silly boy.
Wellllll, so some people claim. I recently read an article on it in Archeology magazine, and the results on tests on whether or not the skulls was made with modern tools were inconclusive. Still, don't go ruining KotCS' story!