View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 04:26 AM   #39
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

Speaking personally I shall probably get this game despite the mediocre review here. The main reason for this is the nicely thought out demo.

Two things stand out from the demo to bring me to this conclusion.

Firstly, I just like the thoughts system. I have played games with this sort of system before (Lewton's notebook in Discworld Noir) but the post it note layout and active thought option make it easy to use. I think this sort of system helps bridge that gap of getting a character to make a connection that a player has realised. It's so often frustrating when you know what you want to do but can't get a character to do it because of this knowledge gap.

Secondly, sufficient plot is dangled in front of the player to leave them hungry for more. The lead character has taken a fatal poison? I so want to know how someone can come to this point.

If the review had said the payoff was a let-down I probably wouldn't bother (a poor ending can be worse than not knowing) Since they said exactly the opposite then I think I'm prepared to put up with any issues (and it might turn out my opinion differs anyway) to reach it.

So hats off to the Atropos Studios team. You've made a demo that does exactly what a demo should, entices people into playing the full game.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree