View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 12:08 AM   #45
Sik

I finished the game, and I enjoyed the second half of it more than the first half. Probably because towards the end, gameplay turns into "click a button, watch a cut scene" instead of "activate triggers in the correct sequence, watch a cut scene". It may not be good game design, but at least I enjoyed watching the story unfold... and it's a decent story. Didn't quite hit the spot for me, but that's just personal experience. Better than average, but when the story is all that carries a game, I expect more.

I mentioned the voice acting bothering me before. I'd like to rectify that. The voice acting is actually quite good, and the casting as well. It's the voice directing that doesn't work. Sound clips just seem to be put together without paying much attention to the final result. Dialogue lines that sound good on their own don't fit together.... and I suspect they only recorded one "Sigh" sound for David. Whenever I saw *sigh* come up in the subtitles I just felt like skipping the line so I wouldn't have to hear it again. It's a loud groan that fails to fit the context 9/10 times.

Anyway, despite all my issues with the game, I'd recommend playing it. It's mediocre, in my opinion, but so are most new adventure games, and at least this one stands out because it's different and has a good amount of eye candy.