View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 09:15 PM   #13
mgeorge

I admit I've been more of an FPS/RPG gamer through most of my gaming life but have turned to AG's recently, mostly for for more in depth storys. The story in any game IMO, is the most important thing. I don't really care how original, as long as it's interesting with well fleshed out characters.

And while I know I'm in the minority here, I personally would love to see more innovation in the genre. While I didn't care for the "Simon Says" type mini game in Indigo Prophecy (mostly because of the PC controls), it was a step in the right direction. I also liked the idea that it wasn't the standard point and click for movement and not a kill everything that moves type game. For me it was refreshing. There were some serious flaws with Indigo, but I give D. Cage kudos for at least trying something different and it has turned into one of my favorite games.

I'm playing a game called Dead Reefs right now which is totally keyboard driven but TBH, if it was FPS type controls with the mouse for free look I would be in love with the game. So yes, an AG with FPS controls. Great idea.

Replayability? I'd love it!

Of course as I said, I'm sure I'm in the minority here and speaking from a strictly selfish standpoint. But a story driven AG with an FPS control scheme, no killing, logical puzzles. My oh my, I'd be on that like a fly to feces.