View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 09:14 AM   #58
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

Tomb Raider Chronicles

In the last level you have to run through a bar on the outside of an office building whilst a helicopter shoots at you. Then you turn right, picking up a homicidal android. Then yourun along a long hallway, also on the outside of the office building (and also peppered with gunfire). This hallway also has the added advantage of four gaping holes which you have to jump (very carefully, as the explosions that created them left flames, which can burn you to death) At the end of the hallway you turn right into another corridor, run to the end of that into a room, run out an exit to the left and take two more lefts to find a switch.

This in itself is quite hard to achieve. However, there is an added twist. You can't take the android down with your gun. You have to trap it in that room you passed through near the end. (The switch seals the doors) This means you have to do the whole sequence at such a speed that you reach the switch before it leaves the room. Even using sprinting for the long bit of corridor leading up to this room it was almost always right behind me.

This is ridiculously difficult to achieve. What makes it worse is that it would be almost impossible to do first time anyway since, unless you'd read a walkthrough, you would have no idea time was of the essence.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree