View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 05:17 AM   #10
Lucien21
Psychonaut

*Gruff Voice*

When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me,(sees an enemy biker in view)... but they try.

I always did like Full throttle although it has it's weak points (which we will get too).

Ahem..

It has a great intro with some cool music, I still get the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when Ben goes over the limo and the music kicks in.

The voice acting is spotless from the gruff Ben to the smarmy Ripburger and his 2 goons I felt they all fit the characters to a T.

So we have a lenghty intro sequence, a chance to play around with the interface and a beginner bike fight. Kinda sums up the whole game in the 5 minute intro.

The interface is similar to the coin from MI3 in that a mini icon driven menu come up when you left click on a hot spot (red box round cross hair identifies hotspots). The menu system can be seen during the intro as a tattoo on the arm of one of the polecats. It's pretty intuitive, just select the part of the amatomy you want to use, eyes to look, feet to kick etc etc.

Not a lot to do in the initial stage. Get out of the dumster, and get the keys to your bike.

For fun try doing odd things to some of the hotspots "I'm not putting my lips on that" or try kicking the piano.

Once the first puzzle is sorted get ready for the first annoying part. The Bike Fight. These fights are dreadful, right click to change weapon, left click to use weapon and move mouse left and right to move bike. Object of the initial fight is to get in close and rapidily left click and hope that he falls first. NAFF.

Once vanquished another cutscence to end section 1.

So far so good.