View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 11:03 AM   #27
MdaG
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austintatious View Post
There seems to be no underlying key to get a Significant Other into gaming, but hey, I'll tell you what works for me.

First, a news flash. If you remove the casual games out of the equation, Wii games are not simple to control for the uninitiated. Let your girlfriend play Super Mario Bros. and then Mario Galaxy, and see which one she masters first. The Wiimote and Nunchuck combo ends up being all too similar to the controls of the XBox 360 and PS3. (Though there's a few more perks.)

So whaddya do? Since you own a Wii, why not start with Virtual Console? Practically every SNES hit has (or will have) a Wii counterpart. And the older games are arguably easier to control. My girlfriend has gotten into games like Harvest Moon and Zelda for the VC, and is now eager and more willing to try the Wii incarnations.

Best of luck to ya!
Yes, I already have Super Mario Bros. 1 & 3 on the virtual console and she plays them on and off, but they're not really good multi player games. Still it's a good thing that she plays em