View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 04:27 PM   #28363
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
I did, and although I've heard of Shadowrun many times, I really know nothing about it. However, I can add a few comments about it. I'm just not the type of person who is constanty going on about nothing. Like some people I could mention.

An underbarrel grenade launcher, eh? Cool, but not my style. Give me an M-79 over an M-203 any day. You should post a pic of your character. And what is a P&P game, anyway?
I didn't just have an underbarrel grenade launcher, but everything from a simple handgun, over an uzi, a sniper rifle, said grenade launcher, and some other stuff. A full arsenal, really.

Hmmm, I don't yet have a drawing of my character, though I'm working on it.

A P&P RPG is a "Pen and Paper" RPG (or rather, Pencil and Paper. You need to be able to erase, too). It's what D&D is, too. You have a character sheet, which you use to create and record your character. The game is directed by the Game Master (GM. In D&D they're also called "Dungeon Master", or DM), who sets up the plot and the encounters, and narrates the scenes and events so the players knows what's going on. The last thing you really need is a set of dice. The D20, or 20 sided die is the most common, though there's also others that are occasionally required. That's all you need. No fancy graphics, or playing stones (though there's miniatures available that can be used if you want. Personally, I've got some miniatures purely for decoration around my room, mostly dragons. Including one that stretches the definition of "Miniature" a bit, as it's 40 cms tall O_O . That's the Colossal Red Dragon.) - All that's required is your imagination.

In this case we played using Yahoo Messenger. That's the advantage of the P&P games: If your group is not within travelling distance (this time we were from two places in Europe, and one in America), you just need an Internet Messenger program. You don't even need dice, in this case, as there's programs you can use for dice throwing instead.

I can go on and on about...well, pretty much everything. I can assure you, it is never nothing - it might just be that you either have no interest in, or simply no clue what I am talking about. I don't tend to notice if I'm doing that, I just love to share knowledge of any kind - knowledge being something I have a lot of, I am told. Combine that with being hyperactive, and having ADHD, and you'll have a friendly girl talking passionately about one topic, suddenly jumping to another one derived from the previous one, and once she's done with that one, suddenly jumping back to the original topic, even though her audience most likely has already forgotten what she had originally been talking about, and are thus slightly confused what happened all of a sudden.

If I am doing that, and you have no interest/no clue, you should tell me. Don't worry, I don't mind, as I'm used to it by now. So don't think I might feel insulted (though it would be nice if you told me you're not interested/have no clue kindly, and not insultingly. ), because I won't.

Also relating to that, I'd never say "You wouldn't understand" to anyone. I don't mind explaining things to people, even several times in a row, because I myself am able to find interest for just anything, and think that everyone has the ability to understand anything, if someone would just explain it. I sometimes don't realise most people are not like me in that. Or that some people say "I don't understand that", but mean "I am not interested", and thus do not really want a detailed, and patiently repeated explanation of the subject at hand.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!

Last edited by Jazhara7; 04-13-2008 at 04:37 PM.