View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 09:04 AM   #20
BucketBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
As I said before, if I want to achieve something I'll do that in the real world. I don't need a virtual world for that.
Well, that is one way to look at it, but I do think that you're sort of missing the point of the in-game "achievements". In real life you can go to law school, get a degree, pass the bar, work hard, make partner and retire in style. But you'd have to look far and wide to find a place in real life where you can cast spells or build an explosive robot sheep or ride a giant griffon. I don't know. I mean, if it's not your thing it's not your thing, but they can be fun if you think of them as a game and not a job that you could do better in real life. Look at adventure games. Alot of them involve things that you could really do exactly the same way in real life. Like Scratches. Anyone can wander around in an old house and if you believe in ghosts your experience might end up being very close to the game, but the game is still fun to play, even though you could do the same thing in real life.
Idea!!
Have you thought about The Sims Online? Now The Sims is a game where I think you can say, "Couldn't I just do that in real life?" and be 100% right, but I think it's also a game where you don't have to kill anything and you can just wander around hanging with people.