View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 04:01 PM   #8
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

I'm 20. I played only a few adventure games in the middle of the 90s (about 4-5 i think) but i had a blast playing them. I would have loved to have played a lot of the old classic adventures back then that i've played now (especially from LucasArts). I do enjoy reading, even though i don't read as much as i'd like. I used to read a lot of Goosebumps books when i was younger; now it's mostly fantasy. I'm like my mum and enjoy a good story.

I, to, play a mixture of games and if i find a game good fun then i'll play it regardless of graphics. If it has a good story and characters etc. then that's a bonus! I've only recently got into Half-Life 2 but so far i love it and found myself quite attached to the characters. I definitely won't play any sports/racing games though. And i'm not really a fan of tactical/war FPS, RPGs (with the exception of a few) or strategy games. The FPS i like are normally different, unusual or have a horror theme.

I have mentioned some adventure games to people in the past but big surprise they've never heard of them. Unfortunately, i don't have many friends. But the friends i do have don't play adventures. There's only 2 that do/have. One of them, I'm not sure what games he plays now, plays all sorts and he even lent me Riven years ago and a few years later i lent him Broken Sword 3. He's in his late 40s i think. And my other mate has done/does occassionally but doesn't so much anymore. He's kinda getting sucked into all these next-generation action games, which is quite sad in a way. He played the likes of Sam & Max Hit the Road, Broken Sword 1 & 2 and Day of the Tentacle years ago and he has played some recent adventures too.

My other mate and his brother don't and never will. They're also into more fast paced action games and sometimes seems to be all about the graphics for them. There aren't many old games they play or re-play, normally the graphics put them off and if there's puzzles they'll just give up as they can't do 'em. My mate even struggles with the puzzles in the new Tomb Raider games. There aren't many old classic games from the 90s they play now, either on PC or PlayStation.

My sister occassionally plays some but normally gives up. It's annoying when she pesters me to install some on her computer but then never ruddy plays them. Again, she prefers action. Failed getting my dad to play any games let alone adventures, my mum would never touch a computer if she could help it and even if she learned how to control a game, she'd just forget the next time she plays lol. And as for my brother, well... he's 24 but he won't play anything he's never done before. He's afraid of getting stuck on the puzzles and he can't control 3D games. Not that he'll practice though. It took me years to get him into Broken Sword 1 & 2 and when i did, he couldn't stop playing them, which kinda became a bit annoying after a while.

Whew, rambled on a bit there. Sorry if i bored anyone.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour

Last edited by DustyShinigami; 03-29-2008 at 04:10 PM.