View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 10:32 AM   #1
Luckylooks

Default How old are you?

I'm asking the question because I'm curious to know who is actually playing adventure games. I'm 24, none of my friends play, my younger siblings have no clue as to what adventure gaming is... Only some of my older coworkers know what it is, and they only know about stuff like king's quest or monkey island. I'm under the impression that the demographics right now is from mid-20s to mid-30s maybe? I don't think any teens or children are playing adventure games right now, they seem to be more focused on action oriented games. When I was a kid I used to play both and I have a feeling that it helped me develop certain parts of my brain that I wouldn't have developed if I had only played games like mario or what not.

I have a feeling that the reason why adventure gaming is on the ''decline'' is that adventure gamers per say fit in a certain type of personality, i.e maybe a bit introverted, and I think, I'm not sure, that introverts are less in quantity than extroverted people and maybe that's why adventure games are less popular, does that make any sense? what are your thoughts on this subject?