View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 11:17 AM   #24
mgeorge

I've muddled through Dead Reefs for quite a while now and don't think I can take it anymore.

The controls are so touchy that it makes it very frustrating to play the game. Sometimes when I want my char to go foward, he will just go a few feet as he should, and sometimes he will go on auto pilot and sprint 10 or 15 feet on his own! And many times when I try and turn him to face a different direction, he will spin around like a top 2 or 3 times before I'm able to get control again. He has several bruises on the whole front part of his body from the thrasing he's taking running into walls, and he's in a constant state of vertigo from spinning around so much!

It's to bad because the game is gorgeous, has good atmosphere and the story seems engagaging to this point as well. If the mouse could be used to control the camera that could help, but that's obviously not an option. I dunno. As much as I want to like it and continue, I'm afraid I'm going to have to hurt Finvinero's feelings and delete him from my HD.

Oh the pain! BTW; Finvinero looks a bit like Johny Depp to me haha. I wonder if that was intentional?