View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 04:28 PM   #20
Sar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeorge View Post
Thanks for the advice Sar. I got it going by changing my monitors resolution prior to playing the game.

The graphics are excellent, however the controls are some of the worst I've ever encountered. I just played it for about 10 min. and can't figure them out. You apparently have to stop before being about to move in a new direction, and then if I try and turn either left or right the camera just swivels around and around and around and around ! The only way I seem to gain any control over the main character is by quickly tapping the A or D key, but even that only works sometimes.

Is there some trick to gaining more control, because if not I'll just un-install. Or let me put it this way. Does it get better with practice?

Appreciate the help.
Well yes and no but you do get used to it. W makes him go forward but he stops cold with any object in his path. You can adjust while walking by taping the A or D key. Although letting him run full speed crashing into something provides some minor satisfaction. I am 3/4 through now and the good news is so far there is no place where you have to make a "sudden" move. These controls would prove fatal if you had to dodge anything. One spot about halfway through you needed to quickly tap the talk arrow and then quickly tap the hand arrow. But not too bad.

This should have been point and click. The terrible controls keep this from being an excellent game. The story is good, graphics great, voice acting mostly good. I'm not sure if the controls are the cause or not but it seems to be a rather long game. Of course it may simply be the controls slowing things down. But at a bargain price can't really complain. Now if it cost full retail, different story.