View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 11:44 PM   #18
Sar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeorge View Post
I thought you may be right Sar as my monitor is fairly old, however after checking it out, it does support resolutions up to 1280 X 1024. Any other suggestions? I sent an email to the Adventure Co with my issue but have yet to hear back from them. Is the game worth going throught this hassle though? Is the story good? That's all I'm really concerned about. I noticed the requirements for Dead Reefs were up there as far as AG's go so I may want to check it out just to see what it looks like.

Thanks.

BTW; I've been playing Tunguska and Nibiru a bit further and both seem to have gotten better as least as far as the puzzles go and I'm actually enjoying them quite a bit, alternating between one for a while then another.
If not the monitor perhaps the graphics card does not reach the required level. Check that log file to see if it gives you a hint why it failed. With mine it said could not locate a 1280x1024 graphic driver. I knew my card far exceeded that. So checking my monitor I discovered it did not reach above 1024. That was about a month ago and I recently bought a 20 inch flat panel that reaches beyond 2000. I Retried the game and it fired right up. So the game log file reported the correct reason. How novel is that?

It is a pretty good game but I wouldn't exert too much energy to get it going. The personalities are not as engaging as They are in Tunguska. The story is focused on finding a killer. True there are ghosts but this is not a horror game. It is more of a murder investigation. I'm about halfway through so it could change but if you expect horror you will be disappointed.

Graphics are good, story decent, puzzles are rather light but all in all worth playing. But not worth a lot of frustration or effort to get it going.