View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 07:36 AM   #15
mgeorge

What is it with animals and these AG games?

I"m rolling along playing Nibiru. Not super difficult which in my case is a good thing. The puzzles seem to be at least somewhat logical. Very good. The graphics are good, story seems pretty good as well. Then.......

Spoiler:
I come across this secret door. Place some dynamite in the crack in the door. Nice! Wait for it to explode. Go check it out. Apparently one piece of dynamite doesn't do the job. Not likely but hey, it's a game right? Go get another piece of dynamite. The fuse is too short. To short? I can see it plainly, but again, it's an AG game. Shoulda known. So what now? I was so proud of myself because I didn't have to use a walkthrough to this point. I tried everything for over a 1/2 hr, and finally went to the walkthrough. Oh God, here we go again! Now seriously, tying a piece of freaking dynamite on the back of a rat, then placing it in the crevice in the door in order to get to the room? That's almost as stupid as the Cat. Wait. It is just as stupid as the cat.

Odd thing is, I don't really mind. It's such a bizzare thing I found myself laughing my ass off at the absurdity of it. Not sure if it's intentional humor or not, but pretty damn funny nonetheless. Martin is pretty comical as well. No matter what happens to the guy, the inflection in his voice never seems to change. If someone cut his arm off with a machete, he would exclaim; "Someone just cut my arm off with a machete. Now how can I get my tasks done? Perhaps I should construct a makeshift bandage out of the splattered innards of the rat." Sadly I don't think this is intentional.