View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 07:57 AM   #5
mgeorge

I tried to get Dead Reefs to run on my comp to no avail. The game installs fine however once I click to start the game, I get a white screen and nothing else. Have to ctr/alt/delete to get out of it. Maybe it's for the best though as I've heard the controls are horrible.

I then tried Tunguska, and while I like the way the game looks, plays, and the story seems intriquing, I've already had to use a walkthrough several times. I liked the puzzle with the little girl at the beginning (bike tire), because it made at least some kind of sense, however I went to visit this old guy who has a cat, things got a bit confusing.

Spoiler:
This is one of the reasons AG's frustrate me. After talking to the old guy, I went to the back, picked up the shovel handle, and peer in the window. The guys talking on the phone and she wants to hear what he's saying but he won't let her in. OK fine. So how do we do hear this phone conversation? Well.... apparently we have to find this guys CAT, put some tape on her cell phone, (good thing it will record conversations too, fancy phone!), and attach the cell phone on the cat. OK that makes sense. Right? Right. Now how do we get the cat inside? Well, feed the cat the tuna we picked up earlier of course. Now the cats eating. Great. So how do we get the cat inside? Mmmmm..... Wait! Put the salt on the cats food so he'll get thirsty, and go in the house! Brilliant! Now we have another problem. How do we get the cat back outside? Well, go to the phone booth out front, (who wouldn't?), put the phone on vibrate, and give the cat a call. Chat a bit. Excellent! This of course frightens the poor creature and he runs outside. But oh no! The cat is so terrified and running so fast the phone goes up in the tree! Egads!

I guess I'd better go back to FPS games. I'm sick of them TBH, but the solutions to the puzzles in this game make absolutely no sense to me. Why can't they be at least somewhat logical? I have to be honest, I never would have thought of those things without a walkthrough. I don't mind a little creative thinking but...
Spoiler:
sticking a cell phone on a cat to record a conversation for you??????
Worst part is, I like the game! It looks good and the story seems interesting. I guess in this game you have to throw real logic out the window.

On the plus side, I installed Return to Mysterious Journey, and good God! The puzzles make sense! So far anyway. Yay!